Cardinal Stritch University began as a teaching institution for the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi in 1937. Today, Stritch offers more than 60 undergraduate and graduate degree programs that help students develop new skills, gain career-related experience, and build professional networks. With more than 34,000 alumni, our graduates are known for their roles at nonprofits, schools, small companies, health care organizations, corporations, and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission
- Classes offered in Milwaukee, Madison, Brookfield and online
- 34,000 alumni worldwide; 73% live in Wisconsin
- 3,176 undergraduate and graduate students
- 45% of first-year and transfer students are eligible for Pell Grants
- 36% of students are from minority backgrounds
- 132 students from more than 33 countries
- A University of five colleges and schools:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Management
- College of Education and Leadership
- Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- School of Continuing and Online Learning
- More than 80 full-time faculty members and several hundred adjunct faculty members who remain practitioners in their fields and provide highly skilled instruction
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
- More than 30 student groups and committees, dedicated to making University life a complete experience, and academic organizations enhancing student knowledge and preparation for careers
- 17 intercollegiate teams for men and women compete as the Stritch Wolves
- Theater and music opportunities for majors and non-majors
For more information visit www.stritch.edu/facts Cardinal Stritch University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices and activities on a variety of bases, including race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, creed, or handicap. For information on other covered bases and our Title IX/VA/ADA coordinators, contact the Office of Academic Affairs, 6801 North Yates Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53217, 414-410-4007.
© 2016 Cardinal Stritch University Rev. 9/2016 Sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi.