The MBA programmes of KBTU Business School are aimed at educating and preparing students for leadership positions. We encourage global vision and an understanding of transnational culture and develop students’ abilities to find creative and rational solutions to the challenges of doing business in today's complex interconnected world. Our graduates develop an awareness of how to effectively manage businesses of any size from a start-up to the transnational corporation and implement strategies that lead their companies to success.
Our MBA programmes are designed both for experienced practitioners aspiring to revitalize or change their careers and for young professionals aspiring to build their careers. The programme is structured to provide students with advanced business knowledge in various functional areas, cutting-edge leadership, and strategic-level decision-making skills and specialized knowledge and skills.
The MBA in Green Economy programme provides in-depth knowledge about a fundamentally important new area of our economy and society, looking at how the development of environmentally sustainable business can generate competitive advantage. Courses cover the changing energy mix, and market – the development of renewable sources and the challenge to fossil fuels – before looking at how technology and entrepreneurship can be applied to sustainable business, wrapping up with a look at the interactions between developing sustainable business and corporate social responsibility.
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 15 months
- Delivery mode:
- Evenings + Saturdays (4 times a week);
- 15 modules (12 months)
- Internship, Business Project and Comprehensive Exam (3 months)
- Starting date: September 2019
- Tuition fee:(Full programme) 3,300,000 KZT*
- Discounts are available for KBTU graduates and Diploma with honours holders
Advantages of KBTU MBA Programmemes
- Curriculum with a solid foundation and specialized knowledge
- An international pool of faculty with high academic qualifications and professional experience
- Professional networking opportunities
- Study and work concurrently - integrating your experience and widening your business horizons
Bloomberg Financial Lab
- KBTU was the first university in Kazakhstan to install Bloomberg Professional, a global platform for real-time data and analytics used worldwide by financial professionals in banks, investment companies, and corporate departments.
- The Bloomberg Financial Lab’s main goal is to help our students, faculty, and researchers advance using real-life cases, actual data and advanced analytics on global financial markets, macroeconomics, and the world's corporate base.
- The cutting-edge capabilities of the Bloomberg Financial Lab help us prepare uniquely trained specialists and researchers ready to succeed in the variety of fields from banking to logistics to engineering.
MBA in Managing Green Economy provides in-depth knowledge about a fundamentally important new area of our economy and society, looking at how the development of environmentally sustainable businesses can generate a competitive advantage. Courses cover the changing energy mix, and market - the development of renewable sources and the challenge to fossil fuels - before looking at how technology and entrepreneurship can be applied to sustainable business, wrapping up with a look at the interactions between developing sustainable businesses and corporate social responsibility.
MBA in Managing Green Economy Intended Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of the MBA programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of environmentally sustainable businesses, its competitive advantages, and corporate social responsibility
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, concepts, and strategies of green economy management and development.
Specific course requirements for the MBA programme are as follows:
|Research Work (Business Project / Thesis)
- Comprehensive Exam (1 credit)
- Business Project / Thesis Defense (3 credits)
- Introduction to Business Strategy
- Business Communications
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Reporting and Management Control
- Marketing Management
- Business Research Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Globalization and Strategic Competitiveness (licensed from Harvard)
Green Economy Specialization
- Energy Economics and Policy
- Technology and Sustainable Business
- Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Business
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Business
STEP 1: Submit the required documents to KBTU Business School (July 2019)
- Filled out an application;
- Notarized copy of Higher Education Diploma (the original of the Diploma and Transcript);
- Resume (in English);
- 2 recommendation letters (in English);
- Motivation letter (in English);
- 6 photos 3x4;
- Identification Document (copy and original);
- Medical Reference №086-У + X-ray;
- Copy of the Work Record Book or other documentary proof of employment history (if applicable);
- Notarized copy of IELTS (6.0 or more) Certificate (if applicable) or a copy of payment receipt for English test.
STEP 2: Main subject examination.(Aug , 2019)
Program taught in: